Thursday, November 25, 2010

e=mc2

It isn’t possible to appreciate the enormous value of Einstein’s theory unless you’re a math whiz. The same is true for any discipline within every industry. Solutions abound but you have to be listening. And furthermore, you must recognize what you’re hearing

Case in point: In searching for a software development answer targeting the book publishing industry, I was referred to a seasoned software expert. The consultation was a wash because this highly trained professional was only experienced in half of what I needed to know. He knew everything about software development but zero about book publishing. 

In everyday talk, how would you respond if I asked you what ingredients go into a good chocolate cake recipe? Would you answer by telling me I first need to go to a grocery market to buy the right ingredients without telling me what they are? And then would you tell me it’s essential to have mixing bowls, a cake pan and measuring utensils along with an oven? 

Does that answer my question or insult my intelligence by providing the obvious?

Learn how important it is to provide your customers with specific, usable answers. Get your copy of How to Develop a SMARTPLAN for Your Business from your favorite bookseller. It’s the first-ever interactive printed book that instantly links you to videos, webinars, podcasts or whitepapers where you learn more.

No comments: